Paul de Ruiter Architects, specialist in sustainable architecture, is offering an architecture internship starting February 2021. The chosen candidate will be exposed to every stage of the design process during this practical internship. Under guidance from our architects and engineers, he/she will have the opportunity to work independently on the design, development, detailing and execution of a variety of complex, sustainable projects, ranging from hotels, office buildings, apartment blocks and educational buildings to infrastructural works. This internship actively invites the candidate’s input and creativity.
- Are an architecture student (about to complete your undergraduate degree/start your Master's
- Are available for 4 months or longer
- Have an affinity for sustainable architecture and circular economy principles
- Are proficient in using applications such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe CS and Vray (this isn’t mandatory, but would be an advantage
What’s on offer?
- An informal learning environment comprising a lovely team in which your input as a member will be taken seriously.
- A fine catered lunch every day
- Work variety on a broad portfolio of projects
- A excellent internship allowance
Who are we?
Paul de Ruiter Architects believes in a green future. It’s why sustainable innovation has been the cornerstone of our practice since we opened for business in 1994. Buildings such as the recently opened Unilever Foods Innovation Centre, the QO lifestyle hotel in Amsterdam and the Biosintrum knowledge and innovation centre (95% of which consists of bio-based material) testify to our reputation as world leaders in the practice of sustainable architecture and trailblazers in building according to circular principles, and we boast a portfolio of sustainability-certified energy-neutral buildings unrivalled anywhere in the Netherlands.
Our designs place the human experience centre stage, and our portfolio demonstrates the synergistic relationship between sustainability and aesthetics. Furthermore, our buildings are designed to generate energy not only in a technical sense, but also in human terms. It’s why they share certain distinguishing factors, among which is a pleasant indoor climate that facilitates mental stimulation, promotes interaction among its users and supports their well-being.
Paul de Ruiter Architects' portfolio includes residential buildings, hotels, office buildings, educational buildings, public buildings, laboratories, theatres and infrastructural works.
Send an email with your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org